COVID-19 UPDATE: The Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class will temporarily be COMPLETELY ONLINE to help with social distancing to keep you and your family safe.
Hi, my name is Julie! When I had my babies 20+ years ago, there was no internet and the only book I had heard of was “What to Expect When You’re Expecting.” My husband and I took the hospital class and felt we were probably as prepared as we could be.
As I’ve looked back, there were things that happened during my birth experience that I now know are not based on evidence. I had IV fluids with only ice chips allowed, told to birth on my back, told how and when to push, and was given an episiotomy without being asked. I now also know that my midwife was likely doing the best she could based on how she had been taught and the broken system in which she was working. While I felt cared for, I did not feel I was in charge, and I wish I had known that I could have spoken up. Things were being done to me, and I was being told what to do.
As a doula and Evidence Based Birth® Instructor, I work with many families who feel lost when it comes to their upcoming birth. They’re overwhelmed by the amount of information out there and need a guide to help them on the path toward parenthood. They’re insecure in the role they play in the birth and unsure how to talk with providers.
When you take the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class I’m there to mentor you through the entire process. You’ll be empowered to embrace your birth with a sense of peace and adventure, feeling fully prepared as you begin the journey forward!
When you take the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class, you will:
- Get mentored by your own Evidence Based Birth® Instructor!
- Learn about evidence based care, comfort measures, and advocacy!
- Get prepared, get answers, get empowered!
Your Childbirth Class includes:
- Mentorship from Julie Fors, CD, CCE and experienced EBB Instructor
- Two in-person classes to practice your birthing time skills
- Five weeks of online videos for you and your partner to watch together
- Four video chats with Julie and your classmates to discuss weekly online content
- BONUS: Breastfeeding and newborn care videos!
- BONUS: Earn points throughout the class to redeem for prizes at the end!
Each class is limited to 6 couples, so don’t wait to schedule.
One ticket is good for birthing person and a support person. All students also receive $100 off Doula Support.
- September – October Session (Online Sessions)
- First class — September 12, 1-3 pm
- Last class — October 17, 1-3 pm
- Zoom calls on Sundays in between
- November – December Session (Online Sessions)
- First class — November 7, 1-3 pm
- Last class — December 12, 1-3 pm
- Zoom calls on Sundays in between
- January – February Session
- First class — Monday, January 11, 7-9 pm
- Last class — Monday, February 15, 7-9 pm
- Zoom calls on Mondays in between, 7-8 pm
- March – April Session
- First class — Tuesday, March 2, 7-9 pm
- Last class — Tuesday, April 6 7-9 pm
- Zoom calls on Tuesdays in between, 7-8 pm
Be sure to join my mailing list to be the first to know when new dates are added!
Is baby coming soon and you need an accelerated time frame? Motivated students can do the class privately in 2 weeks! Reach out for more information!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can’t I just educate myself online using search engines and videos? A lot of that info you find online? It’s bad or inaccurate! The benefit of the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class is that we curate all of the best, evidence-based information and get you and your partner engaged in the learning process.
Shouldn’t I just let the doctors and nurses tell me what to do? Routine practices in some hospitals are still about 15 to 20 years behind the research, and there is a lot of pressure to conform to traditions that might not be in your best interests. We will teach you and your partner how to be your own advocate—a skill you can use for the rest of your life!
My friends told me that taking a childbirth class is a waste of time. There are a lot of poor-quality classes out there that have given childbirth education a bad reputation. The founder of Evidence Based Birth®, Rebecca Dekker, PhD, RN, APRN, knows how to make classes exciting for young adults. The end result is a class that is motivating and SO much fun to participate in. You will learn more than you could ever imagine!
What will I actually learn in this class that could be of use to me? Our students are most excited to learn about the entire toolkit of comfort measures for labor. We cover pain management techniques like massage, water immersion, upright birthing positions, acupressure, music therapy, and deep breathing, just to name a few. When labor starts, you and your partner will be ready!
Now ask ME a question!
Inclusion Policy: Evidence Based Birth® is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for pregnant persons of any age, religion, race, sexual identity, gender identity, or relationship status.
Refund Policy: Your payment reserves a spot in the class and is non-refundable, but tickets are transferable with adequate notice and approval from Julie.
Evidence Based Birth® Instructors are independent contractors and distributors of the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class and are not employees of Evidence Based Birth®. You can find our terms and conditions for the class here https://parents.evidencebasedbirth.com/parent-membership-terms/